Welcome to the Wharf Dental Practice
Changing the face of dentistry by innovation
We aim to help you attain and maintain excellent oral health and appearance using best advances in techniques, materials, and technology in a relaxing, exceptional environment.
Ray Steggles and the team welcome you to our website. We are proud of the care we offer, providing a comprehensive range of quality dental care, with innovations not found elsewhere.
If you are visiting this site in response to a newspaper advert or leaflet, please click on the appropriate Advert link to the left of this page for further information. If your visit has been prompted by reading about our unique gum treatment, please click on this link.
Below: A winter view from the main surgery with moored boats in the foreground and canal bridge in the distance
Our Exclusive Innovations
- The Gum Place.We now have an additional website for those considering direct access to a hygienist. It explains when this is possible and more. Most things relating to gum disease and treatment will be transferred there over the coming months as this website is improved and re-designed.
- Dowloading medical history sheets for completion at home is now possible by going to our other website The Gum Place.
- FREE downloads. Homecare - for Life and Treatment - for Life. Go to the Links Page.
- Unique gum treatment -Quorum Sensing Inhibitor enhanced ANtibiotic Therapy (QSIANT) - for treating advanced gum disease and preventing its development Invented here! Dentists, and those wanting more of the science, may obtain further information by visiting the qsiant site.
- Treating gums. Gum disease (periodontal disease) gradually affects most people. Those very susceptible show signs in their 20's. Gum swells, teeth look longer and may start to drift. Food traps between teeth and bad breath commonly ensues. Your teeth may be moving and you are unaware of it, because it doesn't hurt. We can help people with advanced disease, and prevent progression, if we see it at an earlier stage. We can make you feel more comfortable, secure, and confident to eat, smile and be reassured that your breath is inoffensive.
- Gum recession and sensitivity are widespread problems and the cause for each person needs to be established. Follow the link for further information about what you, and we, can do about it.
- Dental HELP. Poor dental health may reduce your lifespan. This is a system where we work together and focus on how to counter this.
- Fresh Start Programme for those who haven't been treated for a long time and may be anxious.
Visits to the practice are by prior appointment only, please. To find us please see the Map
For enquiries and appointments please contact us by :
- Telephone 01905 616000
- If we are unable to take your call, please leave your name and telephone number on the answer phone. During working hours your call will be returned within two hours, unless our outgoing message indicates otherwise. The answer phone also provides details for urgent contact outside working hours, or during holidays.
- Postal address
- Wharf Dental Practice, The Old Corn Store, Lowesmoor Wharf, Worcester. WR1 2RS.
- All communications to: firstname.lastname@example.org